adsense

cam

Solo copea el codigo y dirigete a diseño/Html y pegas el codigo

Ads

06‏/03‏/2014

George Clooney



George Clooney: "I wanted to pay tribute to the heroes that were the Monuments Men '



George Clooney - This story is fantastic, indeed! I know a lot about World War II , but I confess that I knew nothing about this episode before Grant Heslov , my partner in writing, not tells me the book by Robert Edsel * . It seemed kind of exciting and original story worth telling. Basically, in this period , there is little angles really new or novel approach. I am not a great connoisseur of art and this is the real reason that has inspired me to make this film .
In some ways, your movie is somewhat reminiscent of John Frankenheimer's The Train , made ​​in 1964 ...
Yes, but it dealt more with the Resistance in France at the end of the war. I'd rather head Salopards The Twelve Gold for the Brave , The Express Colonel Von Ryan, The Longest Day , A Bridge Too Far , The Great Escape or The Battle of the Bulge ... Epic movies together Pleiades of stars with suspense and humor a little off . I saw them again to try to understand the recipe, why they were still entertaining and kept the road as well . Then I talked with Steven Soderbergh because our trilogy Ocean's worked on the same principle, with a tone and a similar formula .
Will it has a pitfall with such a subject ?
Be teaching and doing a course of invigorating story or documentary. Finding the right tone from the start was actually the most difficult. It's all about tempo and rhythm. I wanted to instill a fun and comical side and not treat all with a solemn serious like " . Careful , dear viewers , here is a film that asks you to be concerned by the Art with a capital " should also ensure that the public cares and looks at each of the protagonists . That each of them has a sufficiently engaging personality . To me, as a director, to ensure they each have their own identity , not to neglect one in favor of the other , to make clear their motivations and that ultimately they can be encourage, be their sides. I wanted to make an accessible and entertaining film. Some effort we immediately asked the public to be interested in such a subject so I wanted to avoid the bomb with more footage of the Holocaust and other horrors.
You play Frank Stokes , inspired by George Stout , curator of the Fogg Museum at Harvard. The names of the main characters have been changed , why?
I wanted to pay tribute to the heroes that were the Monuments Men but also to humanize , even show less perfect or idealized . I did not feel that some of their descendants are shocked to see their ancestor portrayed as a little worn on the bottle or are convinced that tarnished their memories. But 90% of what we see in the film is true.
Hard not to think about what happened recently in our history in Iraq and Afghanistan ...
At the time , it was below while ignoring the looting of the National Museum in Baghdad , for example, and other systematic destruction of cultural heritage. And now, we run the same risk in Syria ... In Sudan , I saw firsthand the consequences of such abuses. Entire villages are destroyed, but as their inhabitants preserve their culture and symbols, it is possible to reconstruct them because they could save their identity and traditions to thrive again.
It has recently been seen with Gurlitt case, the restitution of works of art stolen from Jews under Nazism raises a real debate ... What would it make you feel ?
Once the legitimate heirs identified , restitution seems the right thing to do , at least in part. Although it may seem difficult to explain or justify when you know that these owners are often wealthy - the Rothschilds, for example - I think we should return them to their rightful owners or their families and descendants once that they have been identified with certainty. 
 This is what is happening more and more , fortunately , with works that believed missing and that resurface from time to time . We also know that in all the museums of the world are a few pieces belonging to collectors robbed ... It's a thorny issue because the statute of limitations comes into play and there is the possibility of endless litigation , and some of these museums are too often deaf ear ...
Would you be willing to risk your life to save a work of art?
This is a question that necessarily arises . For my part, I can not imagine rush into a burning house to go retrieve an object . A member of my family , yes, or maybe my dog ​​... That said, I have a workbook with my collection of handwritten letters signed Paul Newman, Walter Cronkite, Gregory Peck , which I like enormously ...
Are you a collector?
Not really. The pictures I have are mostly sentimental value , as well as pictures of my friends and my family that you can find at home. There two years , I used a renowned decorator and he was horrified at the sight ! Including purchased in the street during my first trip to Paris or another canvas reduced from Madrid. But I like enormously because it reminds me of all the traveling I never imagined to one day ...
At this stage of your career, you have the feeling that you are in " total control" ...
Frankly, I do not know. I doubt that this is truly one day event for anyone. In general, if you give something back , this is often at the expense of other areas of your life. I spent more than nine months Monuments Men , I sometimes had the impression of having bitten off more than it can chew by tackling such an ambitious project , it was a challenge too complex and sometimes overwhelming. I have not had time to devote myself to my friends here ... Today , I feel able to accept and accommodate me fairly successes as failures .
 I got a reason. Whereby , taking risks does not scare me . As to fail and make mistakes along the way and having to live it all so often say very public ! You just keep going ... without worrying about what people may think of you .

0 Comments:

إرسال تعليق

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More